Saturday, July 04, 2009

brunch @ riders.

Riders Cafe
51 Fairways Drive (Within Bukit Timah Saddle Club)

Tel: 6466 9819

Website:
http://www.riderscafe.sg/index.html

















It's rare that I get out for a nice brunch with D. As the family was out of town this weekend, I spent some time last night online looking for nice breakfast/brunch recommendations. I wanted to find a place which I'd never visited; somewhere quaint. I found Riders Cafe.















Nestled within the Bukit Timah Saddle Club, the black and white building which houses Riders Cafe reeks of nostalgia and old school charm. The decor is simple and suits its surroundings perfectly. It was lovely to see the horses grazing and a lonely little black cat perched under a large tree. I loved the atmosphere and it felt good to be away from the hustle and bustle of the city. I'm just glad that there are places like these left in Singapore.















The menu is pretty simple and fuss free which I like because I always have the toughest time deciding what to have. After a little deliberation, I decided on the Norwegian Benedict; Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon & Asparagus. The eggs were well poached, the muffins were nicely toasted and I'd say, this was probably one of the best Eggs Benedict I've had in a while. I do feel that the potato side could have had more salt but it wasn't something I was preoccupied with.















D was rather hungry and decided on the Riders Breakfast almost right away. You get a choice with the type of eggs and a choice between bacon, ham or sausages to have on your breakfast plate. D chose his favourite scrambled eggs and sausages. Whilst the eggs were nice and creamy, he did comment that they still weren't as good as the ones he had at the Australia Dairy Company in Hong Kong. He did love the baked beans though as he always found the canned ones too sweet for his liking. The ones he had on his plate which the chefs might have re-cooked, were not.


Service was a little on the slow side as it was full house but it didn't really bother me since I was enjoying the laid back atmosphere of the whole place. Prices are reasonable and I know that a return visit is definitely in the cards. Plus, this place has cute coasters.


No comments:

Post a Comment