Friday, October 06, 2006

hong kong eats . day one

I've been looking forward to visiting Hong Kong again, one of my favourite cities in the world, for 2 reasons. One is to visit D cos he's been there for 2 months, and the second is to savour the good food all over again; without my parents this time.

I was famished by the time I got there. It was just in time for dinner and I refused to let the icky airplane meal spoil my appetite. After I put my luggage off at the apartment, D & I made our way to Causeway Bay for some famous Wanton Mee.














Mak's Noodles (G/F., 44 Jardine's Bazaar, Causeway Bay) is one of the most well-known Wanton Mee shops in the whole of Hong Kong. It's so famous that its name made its way to the New York Times. Anthony Bourdain visited Mak's when he was in HK too. The noodles are served in a very small portion which is ideal for me although D had to have 2 bowls to himself. I loved every bit of it and especially loved the noodles cos they were cooked al dente. Was definitely off to a good start after this delicious meal.

To end the night before I started on my "expedition" the next day, D & I went for dessert at
Hui Lau Shan. Definitely one of my favourite and must-visit places in HK. I'm pretty disappointed that they closed off the branch in Orchard Road but then again, they were overpriced and lacking in the variety that the outlets in HK offer.











1 comment:

  1. hello! hope everything's fine and dandy for you and ah.. have a great mid autumn festival... see ya on the 20th...

    ReplyDelete